..and a warm welcome from sunny Hobart, Tasmania, where the weather has been cold recently.
News: TheWitchPackage 1.4 Released download here
theWitch is a window-manager switcher for linux and other X-server systems. So far, it has been developed and tested on RedHat Linux 7.1.
theWitch has been tested on over 40 different window managers and desktop environments. ( See here.. )
important design considerations are:
- theWitch needs to be able to switch window managers on and off without disturbing the integrity of the user's application environment.
- if something goes wrong with one of the window managers, then theWitch can get you out of that one into one that works.
- you can almost always get theWitch to the top of the window stack.
- the x-server remains responsive.
- small footprint, fast response
- theWitch cannot be killed
- theWitch is your friend
- view sourceforge project details
- download theWitch V1.4 here
- how to install
you have downloaded a file called TheWitchPackage-1.4.tar.gz. From a shell, go
gunzip -cd TheWitchPackage-1.4.tar.gz | tar x
That file (README) contains simple instructions for installing theWitch and configuring your system.
- how to use
- how to join theWitch Project
- and some other sites you might like to visit..
theWitch is now themeable! screenshots
17.7.2003 TheWitchPackage version 1.2 now also contains:
- install scripts to unpack, compile and install window managers. 39 scripts, tested on RedHat Linux 7.1 as root. Run them on the named .tar.gz's
- scripts and theWitch guis to change themes on golem, matchbox, and oroborus